I know, I know...I will only be gone for a week, but that doesn't mean there are lots of things that I will miss! It may not be like when I was in Costa Rica and had to go a few months without Diet Mountain Dew and McDonald's ice-cream cones. (That was painful! And, yes, my mom did meet me at the airport with a Mountain Dew. Ha!), but I will be away from my "comfort zone" for a few weeks.I started to make a list of some of the major things that I would miss while in Japan.
Here they are in no particular order (well, except for the first one...that will be the number one thing I miss!)...
- My students at Perry High School (I know you will all miss me just as much!)
- My family (my sister and I)
- My dogs (Libby and McGee)
- The English Department (including Mr. Stavar, who is not in the picture)
I will also miss:
- Fall (it's my favorite season and I will miss a large part of it...luckily, it will be Japan's fall, so I am hoping I'll get to see the leaves change there and expereince the fall weather that I love so much)
- Halloween Preparation (I will be back for Halloween, but I'll miss all the fun that surrounds it
- Homecoming at Perry (I figure since I went to prom last year, Homecoming would be my next dance. I guess I'll have to wait for prom again!)
- Mitchell's ice-cream
- Bad reality T.V.
- My daily runs down Clifton
However, I will not miss the looooong drive to work!