Saturday, October 15, 2005

Thursday and Friday in Japan....

Greetings from Tokyo!!!

I am going to condense these next two days into one entry b/c I am having a hard time getting Internet access. The meetings for the past two days centered around specific educational issues. We listened to people talk about the status of women, art education and economics. It was all very interesting, but it is a lot of information to take in!

Friday morning started VERY early. I woke up at four a.m. and went to the fish market with some of my friends. It is a HUGE warehouse with nothing but fresh fish. They pull up in boats and deliver it in the early hours of the morning. There is every fish you can imagine (and some strange ones you can not!). We walked in all the rooms and saw bins full of live eels, lobsters, red snappers jumping out of tubs into other ones, octopuses and other strange strange things. They also had a silent auction for fish like tuna. The tune was huge. It was bigger then me (do not worry, I have pictures of me laying by it as proof- and one of me kissing it! Yuck!). It was such a fascinating event....smelly, but amazing!

The best thing I did was Friday night, the start of our free weekend...I went to a baseball game! We saw the Swallows play which was an experience! They already had a league champ, but the game was still played to determine stats. The fans were crazy! It was unreal! Everyone came with bags of items to use at different times during the game. They had clappers, umbrellas, megaphones and a bunch of other things. Everyone would pull them out and go nuts! I had a noodle bowl and green tea ice cream at the game. It was very interesting to sit and eat a bowl on noodles with chopsticks at a baseball game. Where was the peanuts!!?? I think this is one of my best experiences so far, I had a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home