Tuesday, October 11, 2005

In Japan....

My first dinner in Japan!!! Not too glamorous!







Whoa, I am finally here and it is all starting to set in! The city is amazing, however the journey was not! I literally felt like I was on the plane ride that lasted forever! We left at seven-thirty a.m. to the airport on Sunday in California. We hung out in the aiport for a few hours and boarded a plane that had two levels and room upon room of seats. It was huge!

The flight was sooooo long and I didn't sleep much. Blah! We sat in the plane for an hour because someone didn't get on the plane but checked their bags. They had to go through hundreds of suitcases to find those bags. It took a long time and made me a bit nervous! The flight was about eleven hours long and they just kept feeding us. I felt like a slug! Ha! I did watch "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and loved it (thanks for all my student recommendations!). I read a lot of my book and talked to my new friends. There were points where we would actually get up and do laps around the plane to move our feet!

After arrive at the airport, we drove through Tokyo. What a city! It's so big, but it is not exactly how I pictured it. It is very very clean and the people are so nice and gracious. My hotel room is awesome! It has views of the city and some very interesting Japanese items (I will take pictures). It has a heated toilet...hmmm...and slippers and a komino to wear around the room. I only get CNN in English, so I will know a lot about the news!

I want to write more, but I am very very tired. I will update this when I have time. I miss everyone! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison Trentanelli said...

Hi! I'm glad to hear that you made it there safely. The big question that people seem to be asking here is how many shoes did you finally decide upon... what was the final count?!?!

Have fun!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Marisa said...

Hi Miss Alpine! Sounds like you are having a great time so far!I am anxious to hear about how the rest of your trip is going.It stinks that your suitcase was too heavy! Did you end up picking up the book i reccomended? Well, we all miss you! Have fun, Marisa

6:55 PM  
Blogger shamrox said...

Yay for your arrival to Tokyo and yay for it meeting your expectations at first glance.

My present thought - you will be toting two suitcases home but you will also be toting some serious mental luggage, as well. So pack it all in, Miss Alpine!

More things I am wondering -

- How is the "bootleg" scene? I am curious as to the bootlegging of DVDs and CDs and whatnot. When I was in China, it was out of control!

- I wonder what the median income would be of Tokyo-ans, in US dollars.

- I have heard there is a negligible illiteracy rate in Japan. I wonder what your assessment will be.

Blessings!
Kendra Stanton Lee

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home