Friday, October 28, 2005

Home Sweet Home...

Ah….home sweet home! I have come to the end of my journey and I am exhausted (and a little bit sad!). The trip home was a killer and I think it is going to take a few days to recover. I figure it’s not such a big deal since I have over 1200 pictures to download! Geez!

October 27 has now been named the day that lasted FOREVER! I got up early to get my bags packed all the way and ready to go. Of course, I lost the luggage tags on my suitcases and had to run through the huge hotel to get new ones before our 9:30 luggage pick-up. I made it back at 9:25 so I didn’t have to bring my luggage to the airport myself. Nice! It’s a good thing, too, because my bags were packed!

I met everyone downstairs and headed to breakfast with my friends: Amy, Heather, Janet, Ryan, Dave and Luke. We spent a long time at breakfast because I think we realized we were leaving and wanted to spend as much time as possible with each other. We ate at the Western/Japanese style breakfast and I have to admit that I had rice (who can resist! I love it!). We closed the place down, finally they told us we needed to leave. I said goodbye to most of my new friends since they were leaving on early flights.

Amy, Dave and I (the Ohionese- our cheesy nickname) had the four fifty-five flight. This is the crazy part of it, we were leaving at this time on the 27th, but because of the time zones, we would arrive in Chicago at 3:25….early then when we left! I was traveling back in time! We boarded our bus and headed to the airport around noon (nothing like leaving early to make sure we made it on time!). I slept a little bit and woke up to a delightful photo shoot by Amy or me sleeping with my mouth open. Blah! We all stopped at a rest stop because two other Fulbright buses had gone before us and we were jamming up the airport. Dave, Amy and I each bought a Japanese snack and ate them one last time.

We got our bags at the airport (I’m so spoiled with all this bag delivery!), and I prayed that I wouldn’t have to pay a lot for my overweight bag. Guess what???? I was under! No fair! I would have bought more! Ha! We all went through immigration and waited to board our flight. The three of us found a place that sold American food so we ate there and Amy and I poured over the gossip magazines. We “borrowed” People and US Weekly, since they were imported and cost ten dollars each! We caught up on our gossip (poor Nick and Jessica) and the world was well again.

I wasn’t too thrilled to board the plane, but I prepared myself for the journey. This time the flight was about twelve hours long. We were flying to Chicago, but it was faster b/c of the jet stream. I stayed up and watched Mr. And Mrs. Smith (I did enjoy it, Kathleen) and read and slept for the rest of the trip. I ate lots of junk food, felt really gross and was so happy when we touched down in Chicago! Amy and I almost missed our flight to Cleveland b/c customs took awhile and we had to go to the other side of the airport, but we made it and I was soon HOME!!!!!!!!

My family picked me up, I said a quick hello and then I went home and crashed for a long long time. I woke up at three the next day…shoot! This was a long journey, but it was one of the best of my life!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marisa said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun Miss Alpine, I'm glad you are coming back on Monday so we can hear stories about your trip!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home