Friday, September 16, 2005

Things that I will miss while I am in Japan...

I know, I know...I will only be gone for a week, but that doesn't mean there are lots of things that I will miss!

It may not be like when I was in Costa Rica and had to go a few months without Diet Mountain Dew and McDonald's ice-cream cones. (That was painful! And, yes, my mom did meet me at the airport with a Mountain Dew. Ha!), but I will be away from my "comfort zone" for a few weeks.

I started to make a list of some of the major things that I would miss while in Japan.

Here they are in no particular order (well, except for the first one...that will be the number one thing I miss!)...


  • My students at Perry High School (I know you will all miss me just as much!)

  • My family (my sister and I)

  • My dogs (Libby and McGee)

  • My Friends

  • The Perry Teachers

  • The English Department (including Mr. Stavar, who is not in the picture)

I will also miss:

  • Chipotle
  • Fall (it's my favorite season and I will miss a large part of it...luckily, it will be Japan's fall, so I am hoping I'll get to see the leaves change there and expereince the fall weather that I love so much)
  • Halloween Preparation (I will be back for Halloween, but I'll miss all the fun that surrounds it
  • Homecoming at Perry (I figure since I went to prom last year, Homecoming would be my next dance. I guess I'll have to wait for prom again!)
  • Mitchell's ice-cream
  • Bad reality T.V.
  • My daily runs down Clifton

However, I will not miss the looooong drive to work!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Coni Steverding said...

I love your pictures...your dogs are adorable!! "The girls" picture is cute; it looked like a fabulous wedding (ha!)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Miss Alpine said...

Wow..it was a great wedding. The French-Steverding, I believe. The bride was beautiful!!!!! :)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home