Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Letter of Introduction...

I thought I would share the letter that I wrote to introduce myself to all the teachers going on the trip. Did I mention that I can't wait!!?? :)


Hello Everyone!

It’s great to start to get to know all of you! I have been getting more and more excited about the trip from reading all of your e-mails. My name is Rachele Alpine and I am from a west side suburb of Cleveland, Ohio (although I teach in an east side suburb called Perry, which is about an hour away…phew…I’m feeling these gas prices!). I teach HS Language Arts (9th and 10th grade). I minored in theatre in college and direct some of the shows in my district. I’m interested in seeing a show while in Japan if possible.

I’m also a fairly new teacher (this is my third year) and wondered if there were any more teachers going on the trip like me with just a few years of teaching under their belt? I feel lucky that my school is letting me go on this trip, since I am young and new to the district.

I am content exploring Tokyo during the days that we have free there. I would LOVE to go to a baseball game! I am going to Katsuyama, Fukui for my prefecture. I was thinking that if anyone else has this same prefecture (Denyse, I know you are one of them!) to please e-mail me and I will set up an e-mail group, since we will be spending a week together.

Have a great rest of the week, everyone! I look forward to getting to know y’all better!

Rachele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home