Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Great Friends...

I want to thank all my great co-workers who went out with me tonight for my “bon voyage” dinner! You all are the best! We ate at Johnny Mangos in Willoughby and I wowed everyone with my chopstick skills. Okay, the second part is a stretch, but I wasn’t too shabby!

Mrs. Hunter and Mrs. Trentenalli surprised me with some great goodies to take with me on the trip. They gave me Vanishing Acts by one of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult, and a candle so my hotel room would smell nice! Those are just a few of the little gifts I got from them to pack in my suitcase. You two are the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I also got a bag made by one of my former students, Alicia Johnson (aka…super sewer!). It’s so great! I’m going to post a picture below so you all can see it. I’m planning to use it to carry my stuff around when I am exploring Tokyo.


I will defiantly miss all my Perry friends and students while I am gone!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jenny said...

Glad you liked the bag of "goodies!" You have no idea how hard it was to keep it quiet that we had the book for you!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your von voyage sounded very fun! You will have to read Vanishing Acts and tell me if it is a good book. Considering I'm in love with Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult, I will probably like Vanishing Acts. Hopefully our class will not be too bad for our subsitute while you are gone. I will try my best to behave.
-Nicole

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowered part of the bag alicia made you is what most of my purse is made out of too. I want to know how the book Vanishing Acts is because i really like the book you suggested to read by the same author. When you come back from your trip make sure to give me an over view of how the book was.
Jaclynn

9:07 PM  
Blogger Miss Alpine said...

Hi Girls....
I'm so glad I got you all hooked to Jodi Picoult! Can I gush about her anymore? I love her books! I promise to lend "Vanishing Act" out to all you interested readers. I have plenty of her books, so I can lend you those also! Thanks for all the well wishes... :)
Miss Alpine

9:14 PM  
Anonymous jordan said...

the book was a good gift to keep you occupied on the flight over to Japan. I'm sure the bag that alicia made help carrying stuff.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home