Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Gifts to take to Japan

Now that I have talked about what gifts/items to bring back (and got some great suggestions…thanks so much! Keep them coming!), I need to start thinking about what to bring over to Japan. I will be staying with a host family in Katsuyama and I can bring them some things from home as a thank you for the hospitality. I will also be going to visit schools of every grade level. I would like to bring some items there that will teach the students about what is popular in America.

I need your help again with ideas of items to bring to Japan! I have a few ideas, but I need more. I know I want to bring a Perry tee-shirt for my host family and perhaps something that my students prepare (any ideas?). I also want to bring them some picture books that they can understand without knowing the language (perhaps some books by Eric Carl). Does anyone have any ideas for my host family?

I would like to collect some things that represent “America” to share with the students at the schools. I like Katie Andrews’ idea of music. I want to burn a mix of songs that students listen to here. I think I need all of my students’ help with the songs, though, or the mix will be nothing but U2, Coldplay, The Beatles and Bob Marley! Ha! I would also like to bring some kind of candy/food (but I don’t know if this would be possible since it would have to make it through the flight). Some of my other ideas were pictures of my students/school/the city, magazines that are popular here, writing/letters from my students or other items that show what students in America are interested in. The main concern, though, is that I need to be able to carry it over so small items are good.

Hmmm….ideas, ideas? Please help me think of some good ideas to bring a piece of Perry to Japan! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home