Friday, August 12, 2005

The start of it all....

I think this is a good place to start, because I got my second mailing for the trip about a week ago and it was full of information. After reading the sixty page booklet, I have learned so much about what I am going to be doing while I am there and what to expect. I have to admit that I cannot wait!

I found out where I will be staying for the majority of my trip. I will be in Tokoyo for about two weeks (the first week and then the third week). The following link is the hotel that I will stay at when I am in Tokyo. It's called the Hotel Otani New and it's HUGE! It's the largest hotel in Japan and has a shopping mall, 37 places to eat, two towers, an art museum and a garden that is over four hundred years old! Wow! I also found out that I will have my own room, which will be kind of nice.

Check it out....
My Tokyo Hotel

I will also travel to another city during the second week. It's called Katsuyama, Fukui. The city is located on the eastern coast towards the middle of the island. The hotel that I am staying at is called the Katsuyama New Hotel, but when I went to the site it was all in Japanese! I can't understand too much about it, but it looks nice! I will also be staying with a family for a home stay when I am in the city. I'm a little nervous about that, but everyone has assured me that it was one of their favorite things about the trip.

Here's the Katsuyama New Hotel.

I received a list of names of past Ohio participants from the Fulbright Exchange about a week ago. I wrote to a number of them and have been in communication with them. I am sure in for an adventure! Everyone I have talked to has loved the trip and raves about the experience. I am going to try to post all the e-mails that I have gotten from other people and their advice to me. It looks like I will be pretty well prepared before I head over.

I'm going to end this entry here, but I will try to put some more information up about the trip as a whole and what I will be doing. These first few entries might be a little scattered since I have so much information going though my head right now and don't know where to start! I do know that I am in for an adventure! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home